Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need a boat licence?
- Yes, a QLD or interstate boat licence is required
Where can I take the vessel?
- Anywhere within smooth water limits in Brisbane and Gold Coast waterways
Can the vessel sink?
- No, all our vessels comply fully with maritime legislation and are fitted with positive flotation, meaning that even if the vessel becomes fully swamped with water and carrying the maximum number of passengers, it will remain upright and stay afloat.
Is all safety equipment provided?
- Yes, in fact we provide more safety equipment than is required by maritime legislation, for the safety and peace of mind for our customers. A comprehensive safety briefing is given to all customers prior to departure.
Do I need to pay for fuel?
- One tank of fuel (23 litres) is included as part of the hire fee. One tank of fuel is normally sufficient for most hirers, however if more fuel is required then extra fuel can be provided at current service station prices
Can I drive the vessel at night?
Can I tow a ski tube for the kids, waterski, or wakeboard behind the vessel?
- Unfortunately not, all aquaplaning activities are prohibited
I don't have a towbar on my car, or don't feel comfortable towing a boat - can you help?
- Of course we can, just tell us the where you want to leave from and we'll launch the boat and pick it up when you return - no worries! Or simply jump on the boat at our premises on Biggera Creek and drive away to the destination of your choice!
I'm not familiar with the waterways of the Gold Coast or Brisbane, but would love to get out on the water - can you suggest where we should go?
- Our friendly staff are true locals to the waterways of the Gold Coast and Brisbane. Whether you would like to know where the best spots are for catching a few whiting and flathead, what the best bait is and where to catch it, or where I should take my family for a sightseeing tour - Gold Coast Boat Hire has the answers!
What are the terms and conditions?
Copyright (C) 2017 Gold Coast Boat Hire Pty Ltd.