1. Vessels “Gold Coast One” and "Gold Coast Two" (the hire vessel) must not be operated beyond smooth waters.
2. The hire vessel must not engage in aquaplaning activities, which includes waterskiing, or towing a person on a surfboard, bodyboard, or tube.
3. The hire vessel must not engage in racing activities.
4. The hire vessel is only permitted to operate between sunrise and sunset.
5. Hirer must not have been refused insurance in the last 5 years.
6. In the event of an insurance claim being made for damage or loss of vessel, trailer, or equipment, and the insurance claim is refused, the Hirer is liable for all costs to the value specified in the insurance claim.
7. The hire vessel must be returned to the point of hire by the agreed time, but if unable to do so, the Hirer must inform Gold Coast Boat Hire Pty Ltd at the earliest opportunity to avoid Search and Rescue activities commencing. The Hirer will be liable for any costs incurred as a result of a non-emergency situation resulting in Search and Rescue activities. The Hirer will also be liable for any loss of income by Gold Coast Boat Hire Pty Ltd as a result of the vessel not being returned by the agreed time, except in the case where an emergency situation occurred.
8. The hire vessel must not be operated by a master under the influence of drugs, and the master of the vessel must be under the legal blood alcohol limit of 0.05%
9. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure they are compliant with the marine rules and regulations, and if fishing, to ensure that they are compliant with the fisheries rules and regulations.
10. The Hirer is liable for all infringement notices, on both road and water.
11. The Hirer is liable for a ll toll road costs.
12. It is the Hirer’s responsibility to ensure the hire vessel and trailer gross weight does not exceed the towing vehicle’s gross trailer weight rating (GTWR) as specified by the towing vehicle manufacturer.
13. The Hirer and any additional dr ivers of the hire vessel must not have any medical condition which is likely to affect their ability to operate the vessel safely.
14. Trailer lock must be fitted to trailer at all times whilst trailer is left unattended, or whilst trailer isunattached to towing vehicle. The trailer lock must also be fitted to both trailer and towing vehicle whilst trailer is left unattended at boat ramp.
15. The hire vessel must not be operated by a person under the age of 16, unless the person is under the direct supervision of a licensed user who is at least 18 years of age, and the user can immediately resume operating the vessel.
16. The Hirer must not allow the hire vessel to be operated by another person, unless that person is listed as an additional driver on this form.
17. The hire vessel must not be operated outside the Area of Operation as specified in the Hire Agreement form.
18. The Hirer is liable for all damages to, or loss of, vessel and its equipment, if the hire vessel is operated beyond the operational limits specified on this document, and is not covered by insurance.
19. The hire vessel must not be operated in an unsafe manner, or in a manner which is contrary to the express direction of the Briefer.
20. Ethanol based fuel (eg. E10) must not be used - only use regular unleaded petrol. Hirer is liable for any damage caused to the outboard engine and fuel systems if ethanol based fuel is used, and is liable for the costs associated with the removal of the ethanol based fuel.
21. Vessels “Gold Coast One” and "Gold Coast Two" are fitted with a 2 stroke outboard engine - TC-W3 grade 2 stroke outboard engine oil must be added at the correct ratio (eg. 100:1) when fuel is added to the fuel tank. Hirer is liable for costs of all mechanical repairs, and/or replacement outboard engine, if incorrect ratio is used or insufficient oil is used. The Hirer is not insured for mechanical repairs to outboard engine.
22. No mechanical repairs are to be attempted by the Hirer without the express permission of Gold Coast Boat Hire Pty Ltd.
23. The Hirer must not attempt repairs to the propeller except under direction by Gold Coast Boat Hire Pty Ltd. Any evidence of unauthorised propeller repair will result in forfeiture of bond and full mechanical inspection of the outboard engine by an authorised outboard engine mechanic. The Hirer will be liable for all costs for the mechanical inspection and any repairs, and is not covered by insurance.
24. Any emergency including fire, person overboard, collision, loss of propulsion, grounding or stranding, severe weather, or medical emergency must be reported to Gold Coast Boat Hire Pty Ltd and either Maritime Safety Queensland, Queensland Water Police, or Queensland Boating and Fisheries Patrol within 48 hours of the incident.
25. Any damage to the vessel’s hull, trailer, or engine must be immediately reported to Gold Coast Boat Hire Pty Ltd.
26. Any damage not covered by the Minor Damages Policy may result in the full amount of bond being withheld until such time repairs are made, and the balance of the bond once repair costs are deducted, will be returned to the Hirer via electronic funds transfer, cash, or cheque.
27. The Hirer’s mobile phone must be onboard and switched on at all times whilst the vessel is being operated, and at all other times during the period of hire the Hirer’s mobile phone must be switched on to enable Gold Coast Boat Hire Pty Ltd to contact the Hirer to ascertain the whereabouts of the vessel and whether everyone on board is safe if the vessel is not returned to the point of hire by the agreed time as specified on the Hire Agreement form.
28. The Hirer must log on and log off with the local volunteer marine rescue organ isation selected by the Briefer via marine radio (or mobile phone), using the call sign and radio channel indicated on the Hire Agreement Form. The marine radio must remain switched on and monitoring the same radio channel at all times whilst the vessel is being operated.
29. It is the skipper’s responsibility to monitor weather conditions and must not operate the vessel if conditions are deemed unsafe for the vessel.
30. The hire vessel must not be driven onto the trailer – the hire vessel must be manually winched on instead.
31. The hire vessel must be strapped down to trailer at all times whilst the hire vessel is being towed.
32. Vessels “Gold Coast One” and "Gold Coast Two" are supplied with a transom support bracket - the transom support bracket must be fitted at all times whilst the hire vessel is being towed.
33. The hire vessel must be cleaned prior to returning vessel to point of hire, otherwise a $50 cleaning fee applies.
34. Extra fuel and oil will be charged at current service station prices, based upon the number of litres used, and will be deducted from the bond upon the return of the vessel.